Account Executive - Commercial
The Account Executive – Commercial is responsible for conducting in-person sales calls, presenting products and obtaining orders from new or existing customers for our clients’ products and for ensuring client and customer satisfaction with assigned distribution customers to produce new revenue for the organization. The Account Executive role is an outside sales job and will primarily be engaged in the field making sales calls.
Advantage Waypoint LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Waypoint is the premier national sales and marketing agency for Foodservice and Non-Foods channels and beyond.
Succeeding in today’s competitive marketplace begins with gaining the advantage, and at Waypoint we stay ahead of the curve. Our partners rely on our unparalleled strategic insights, channel-specific expertise and resources, and innovative culinary support to deliver that competitive advantage. But helping our partners gain the advantage is not enough for us – we make it our business to maximize it through our pioneering technology and big data mining capabilities. We help position our partners to consistently beat their competition and to grow their business.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Negotiating distributor programs and writing the agreements for those programs
• Grow territory in multiple markets including but not limited to: education, healthcare, manufacturing, foodservice, contract cleaning, and real estate management
• Establish and maintain working relationships with customers in all segments of the distribution channel including manufacturer, distributor, and user
• Managing projects and internal communication to achieve established revenue goals
• Conduct sales and product training meetings for distributor sales representatives
• Provide process and systems training to users
• Meet multiple manufacturer expectations in the assigned territory
• Plan and prepare for sales calls by analyzing the operation, identifying trends and new products to present, gathering pricing, products, stocking and nutritional information to present during sales call
• Maximize sales effectiveness and efficiency by using relevant sales management tools such as client information, distribution data, rebates and coupons
• Report timely and accurate sales activity into appropriate databases and to clients and distributors as appropriate
• Manage sales sample order process and provide guidance to Operator Specialists
• Participate in sales training for distributor sales representatives
• Collaborate with internal sales personnel to develop sales strategy and identify opportunities
• Prepare and conduct shows and sales events with operators and distributors
• Other duties, responsibilities and activities as assigned Click here to enter text.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
- Travel up to 5%
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
• 1-3 years or more of related sales experience
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Strong client/customer relationship knowledge
• Knowledge of jan/san industry
• Financial acumen
• Company policies and procedures
• Advanced Microsoft Office; working knowledge of SharePoint
• Proficiency in basic culinary and food preparation
• Utilize a consultative selling approach with customers including identifying needs of the customer and deploying the appropriate internal resources to accommodate the needs
• Ability to effectively communicate over the phone and through email
• Ability to develop a sales action plan with specific objectives that drive results in given time-line
• Superior interpersonal communication and group presentation and facilitation skills
• Ability to build effective working relationships
• Creative problem solving and project management skills
• Excellent critical thinking and analytical ability
• Superior negotiation skills
• Unquestionable work ethics, personal integrity and honesty
• Travel as appropriate, including overnight travel based on geographic market
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
(A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department)
Typically, requires the abilty to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may require the ability to lift up to 10lbs.
Office / Non-Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb. May have possible exposure to dust, and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds 33% - 66% of the time. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions: Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.