Segment Specialist - Military
The Segment Specialist – Military is responsible for executing Sales and business development initiates in the military segment to achieve sales and revenue growth. Military includes but is not limited to Oconus, Conus, Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guards.
Waypoint is the premier national sales and marketing agency for Foodservice and Non-Foods channels and beyond. Succeeding in today’s competitive marketplace begins with gaining the advantage, and at Waypoint we stay ahead of the curve. Our partners rely on our unparalleled strategic insights, channel-specific expertise and resources, and innovative culinary support to deliver that competitive advantage. But helping our partners gain the advantage is not enough for us – we make it our business to maximize it through our pioneering technology and big data mining capabilities. We help position our partners to consistently beat their competition and to grow their business.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Achieve client sales growth in accordance with company client team and military planning process
• Working closely with the client team on developing strategic client military plans & filling military white space
• Coordinate training, mentoring programs, Waypoint and Client Military plans to the market military specialist
• Develop relationships with all key decision makers on a Military Campus, Prime Vendors & Consolidators
• Develop relationships at Head Quarters for assigned Military Branches as well as DLA and NATICK
• Timely and accurately report all sales activity in appropriate systems
• Organize Military Shows
• Respond timely to internal/external questions and information request
• Participate in food shows, market visits, client and industry meetings
• Other duties, responsibilities and activities as assigned 20%
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
- Travel up to 20 %
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
(Preferred): Bachelor's Degree Or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
• 3-5 Years or more of related experience working with military accounts
• Experience working with brokers and national manufacturers
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Strong client/customer relationship knowledge
• Knowledge of foodservice industry
• Financial acumen
• Company policies and procedures
• Advanced Microsoft Office; working knowledge of SharePoint
• Ability to effectively communicate over the phone and through email
• Ability to develop a sales action plan with specific objectives that drive results in given timeline
• Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills
• Ability to build effective working relationships
• Creative problem solving and project management skills
• Excellent critical thinking and analytical ability
• Strong negotiation skills
• Unquestionable work ethics, personal integrity and honesty
• Travel as appropriate
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret written information such as procedure manuals, Company communications or governmental regulations
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executives, groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
• Ability to regularly stand for extended periods of time, talk and hear
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
• Ability to frequently use hands to finger, handle or feel
• Ability to work in a normal office environment where the noise level is usually light to moderate
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions: Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.