WP Sales Support Specialist
The WP Sales Support Specialist is responsible for providing administrative support to the Sales Operations personnel to achieve the organization’s sales objectives.
Waypoint is the premier national sales and marketing agency for Foodservice and Non-Foods channels and beyond.
Succeeding in today’s competitive marketplace begins with gaining the advantage, and at Waypoint we stay ahead of the curve. Our partners rely on our unparalleled strategic insights, channel-specific expertise and resources, and innovative culinary support to deliver that competitive advantage. But helping our partners gain the advantage is not enough for us – we make it our business to maximize it through our pioneering technology and big data mining capabilities. We help position our partners to consistently beat their competition and to grow their business.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Order samples and point-of-sale for sales personnel
• Field sales personnel requests such as relevant nutritional information, POS and operator requests
• Provide administrative support to General Manager
• Support sales meetings and presentations by assisting with marketing material production
• Respond to customer inquiries with timely and accurate information
• Coordinate meeting arrangements including any travel/catering/telecommunication needs
• Monitor and order office supplies and track equipment
• Update and maintain distributor code lists
• Check and ship samples to operators as needed
• Other duties, responsibilities and activities as assigned
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- Does not have direct reports, but may delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements:
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED
(Preferred): Associate's Degree
Field of Study/Area of Experience
• 1 year or more of related experience
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, and Software/Tools
• Strong client/customer relationship knowledge
• Knowledge of foodservice industry
• Company policies and procedures
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret written information such as procedure manuals, Company communications or governmental regulations
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executives, groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
• Ability to regularly stand for extended periods of time, talk and hear
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
• Ability to frequently use hands to finger, handle or feel
• Ability to work in a normal office environment where the noise level is usually light to moderate
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).